Monday, February 7, 2011

Mundane Monday

Mundane = "found in the ordinary course of events"

Today actually WAS mundane.  Students were blah after coming back from a long week and weekend of ice/snow closing school. 
If I were in my garden the mundane things would be pulling weeds, deciding where to put my new rose bush, yanking some obscure vine or plant that needs more sun or less sun, but there is something very comforting about doing the ordinary things in a garden. 


Here I see a planter filled with a conglomeration of new plants coming up with some old leaves that would need cleaning out.



I love Creeping Jenny, but it won't look as it is meant to look unless I deadhead it and pinch it back almost daily.



The Peace Rose at the corner of the house has to be deadheaded daily as the blooms are soo big and pretty.  The only negative with this big rose is that there is not much smell as the blooms stay pretty on the vine for quite a while.



Horse-tails don't require much attention once they are growing in the spring, but since I consider this to be my Zen center... I like to keep each stalk(if that is what you call the long slender stakes) perfectly straight.

Mundane... to others, yes~  but to me, this is why I LOVE to be in my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment